Applications are usually issued during the month of May for PG Course, PGCET Exams must be taken up by the candidate and interview process attended at the University.
The admission process (Announcement of Selected list, Waiting list, last date for admission of candidates in selected list, Waiting list, etc.) shall be followed as per the University calendar.
The total marks of all the semesters scored in the cognate subject in the qualifying examination are reduced to 50%. In case a candidate has taken more than the normal duration prescribed to pass the degree examination, 3% of marks in the aggregate percentage is deducted for each extra year that the candidate has taken to pass the degree examination.
- Applicants possessing qualifying degree from University of Mysore (excluding Foreign Nationals).
- Applicants from other Universities within Karnataka.
- Applicants from Universities outside Karnataka.
- Foreign nationals.
- List of applicants of Kashmiri migrants.
The entrance marks is reduced to 50% in cases where the test is conducted for 100 marks.
Seats reserved for the following categories shall be allotted by the University in the following order after excluding the candidates selected under General Merit.
- (a) Scheduled Caste (b) Scheduled Tribe (c) Category I. (d) Category IIA (e) Category IIB (f) Category IIIA (g) Category IIIB (h) Other University (Other Universities in Karnataka and Universities outside Karnataka). (i) Defence Quota-One seat in each course for dependents of Defense Personnel (Army, Navy and Air Force) at all India level shall be allotted in the order of preference mentioned in the University website.(j) Physically Challenged - This category is only for the Graduates of University of Mysore.
The students shall provide the following details to be entered in the Admission Register:
- (a) Name of the candidate (b) Postal address (c) Name of the Father / Mother / Guardian (d) Date of birth (e)Nationality (f) Caste/Category (g) Educational qualification (h) Percentage of marks obtained in the qualifying examination (i) Receipt / Challan number, date, amount (j) Signature of the candidate on the photo pasted. (k) Remarks Originals Marks cards of qualifying examination and Income/Category certificates shall be retained in the College till the approval of admission by the University.
Candidates for admission should submit the prescribed application, duly filled in, before the last date. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Admissions are given only for one academic year. The institution has the right to cancel admission, if necessary, in the middle of the academic year.
Admission will be considered provisional till they are approved by the Principal/Governing Body of the Institution and University of Mysore.
Documents submitted by the candidate at the time of admission or later will be returned after verification by the college and UOM.
The following documents should be submitted at the time of admission
- Transfer and conduct certificates (in original).
- The Degree from a recognized University (or its equivalent) Grade certificate and date of birth proof in original or a provisional certificate..
- Candidates who have passed an examination other than the degree from a recognized University should produce eligibility certificate obtained from the college.
- Three passport size photographs.
- Community / Caste certificate in original and two Xerox copies attested by a Gazetted Officer.